insect infestation on houseplants

Jane Dillonaire JDillonaire at rcn.com
Mon Dec 3 07:17:02 EST 2001

The insects are probably aphids judging by the apparent cornicles in your
drawing.  You could try just spraying them off with a strong stream of water
and then following up with insecticidal soap spray for any strays that might
have survived the water spray.  As a last resort, I've had success treating
infested houseplants with moth balls - Paradichlorobenzene type (not
Napthalene).  I place several mothballs on the surface of the soil and close
the plant up in an airtight plastic trash bag for several days.  The fumes
will kill just about any insect without harming the plant.  Good luck!  -
Jane

news:8lCO7.14416$Rp6.4310396 at news2.rdc1.ab.home.com...