cupressus

Suvarnalatha suvarnalatha at inst-aroma-ramashanti.org
Mon Feb 12 07:55:39 EST 2001

Dear sir/Madam,

We are doubtful about the identification of a cupressus species.  WE have distilled oil from the branches and cones.  The cones are  small and  bright yellow in color  I guess these are male cones with pollen and are at the tips of the branches. The woody cones are scanty in numbers and I guess these are female cones.  The essential oil  contains a-pinene(14(; 3-carene(21); umbellulone (3), isophylocladene (0.03); phyllocladenol (0.02), epizonarene(1.3) etc.  Would you please help me in identifying the species.

Thanking You

Sincerely
Dr. G. Suvarnalatha