Richard and Bracey Tiede
tiede at pacbellnospam.net
Tue Feb 13 19:29:14 EST 2001
Try http://www.amfor.org/big_trees/2000_01_facts.html#tallest. These are
the tallest ones in the US - all on the west coast and similar. Explore the
page for others with some kind of record.
1. CA Coast redwood ** 893 307 97 Jedidiah Smith State Park, CA
2. Coast Douglas-fir 505 281 71 Olympic National Forest, WA
3. Giant sequoia 998 275 107 Sequoia National Park, CA
4. Noble fir ** 313 272 49 Mount St. Helen's National Monument
5. Grand fir 245 257 36 Redwood National Park
Numbers in order are girth, height, crown.
Another site I found says a Eucalyptus in Australia was in the ballpark at
114 meters in 1779. Another site said Sitka Spruce was also in the same
Must get by Bucks for a meal soon. Heard lots of good things about your
San Jose CA
"Jamis" <jamis at buckswoodside.com> wrote in message
news:3A886B60.420C40A4 at buckswoodside.com...
> I own a restaurant in Woodside, CA and I create a good deal of original
> artwork for the place (see buckswoodside.com). I am contemplating the
> construction of museum quality models of 6 or 7 of the tallest trees in
> the world. I would appreciate your thoughts on which ones would be the
> likely suspects.
More information about the Plantbio