trees

Richard and Bracey Tiede tiede at pacbellnospam.net
Tue Feb 13 19:29:14 EST 2001

Hi Jamis,

Try http://www.amfor.org/big_trees/2000_01_facts.html#tallest.  These are
the tallest ones in the US - all on the west coast and similar.  Explore the
page for others with some kind of record.

1.  CA Coast redwood ** 893  307  97  Jedidiah Smith State Park, CA
2. Coast Douglas-fir  505  281  71  Olympic National Forest, WA
3. Giant sequoia 998  275 107  Sequoia National Park, CA
4. Noble fir ** 313  272 49 Mount St. Helen's National Monument
5. Grand fir 245  257  36  Redwood National Park

Numbers in order are girth, height, crown.

Another site I found says a Eucalyptus in Australia was in the ballpark at
114 meters in 1779.  Another site said Sitka Spruce was also in the same
range.

Must get by Bucks for a meal soon.  Heard lots of good things about your
place.

Cheers,
Bracey
San Jose CA