info on "vicks plant"

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Jan 1 01:48:47 EST 2001

The genus Coleus has not been recognized since 1975. It has been considered
to be a synonym of Plectranthus in all the botanical literature since then.

Codd, L.E. (1975) PLECTRANTHUS (LABIATAE) AND ALLIED GENERA IN SOUTHERN
AFRICA. Bothalia 11 (4): 371-442.

The treatment of the genus Coleus in Hortus III (1976) was completely
out-of-date and incorrect. Maybe some day the horticultural community will
keep up with botany but I would bet on it.

news:92p4af$5jn$2 at slb7.atl.mindspring.net...