hot oil blooming roses

Husky keepout at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 12:41:00 EST 2001

Maybe someone can explain this .

Living in CA. I had a shrub with no life to it. One day cooking, I had
a pan of hot oil I had to dump real quick and the toilet was no
option. I knew it would seep into the ground, not really harming any
environment so out the door all over this clump of branches.

A few weeks later I found out it was a Rose bush. I'd been living
there 3 years and till I dumped this boiling oil, it was just a
cluster of branches.

Why would hot boiling oil make this particular plant start to bloom ?