Grow lights????

Stephanie stephani at onslowonline.net
Sat Jan 13 22:55:57 EST 2001

Hello!

General rule seems to be that one cool bulb and one regular bulb equal
full spectrum for plants.

I have many plants under lights...african violets, bonsai privet,
terreriums, cacti, aloe, to name a few.  I use the florescent tube
lights with shop light fixtures.  (just make sure the lamp and the
bulbs are compatable.)   I am sure someone out there will
reccommend different lights for blooming and non-blooming plants.

I run the lights 12-16 hrs a day.  I could not tell you how much it
costs to run them...my electric bill is average so I can't imagine
that it would cost that much.

My advise is to not make yourself crazy over it.  Buy some lights,
and turn them on.  :-}
Stephanie