Promoter?

¦­¦w¤Ö¨k²Õ puec.bbs at flight.bio.ncku.edu.tw
Tue Jan 16 12:45:02 EST 2001

        Recently I got a gene from datas released by Arabidopsis
        Genome Project. I used Arabidopsis cDNA library as template
        and the 3' and 5' end sequences plus restriction sites as
        primers. However, I can't detect any bands after 30 cycles
        PCR and electrphoresis on the gel.
        Now I want to find it's promoter and creat a transgenic
        plant harboring promoter::GUS to observe its expression
        patterns.
        But I don't know how to distinguish between introns and
        promoters. I know the TATAAT and TTGACG but I don't think
        that it was reliable enough.
        Are there more clues for me to find the promoters?

        thanks.

        Si-Yuan

--
¡° Origin: ¦¨¤j¥Íª«­¸µ¾¯¸ <flight.bio.ncku.edu.tw>
¡» From: flight.bio.ncku.edu.tw