Beginner's learning resources...

manux manu at well.com
Sat Jan 20 03:18:35 EST 2001

Hello all,

New to this list. I am doing my PhD in Artificial Intelligence, the basic
topic is the study of how concept-like formations emerge from Cellular
Automata. This involves a lot of machine learning techniques which as I
have seem are being used a lot in your field.

After finishing I'd like to move to the bioinformatics field. I am
specially interested in using all my computational/AI skills to study
medicinal plants.

My question to you is, Could you point out to me some basic learning
resources to learn the fundamental concepts I would need to know aboout
biology/botany/genetics that would help me building foundational knowledge
and also allow me to interact with experts in the field?

Thanks a lot in advance

---