gnats - house plants

John Orlowsky orlowsky at
Thu Jan 25 15:58:27 EST 2001

You most likely have fungus gnats.  I have had good control with nematodes
applied in irrigation water- Steinernema sp. but you might also try
Gnatrol which is a formulation of Bacillus thuringiensis.  I haven't tried
it but a predatory mite, Hypoaspis miles, is often recommended.

John Orlowsky  (250)960-6478/fax (250)960-6498
Greenhouse Technician
Enhanced Forestry Lab
University Of Northern British Columbia
Prince George, BC   Canada   V2N 4Z9