Aloe question (Lots of good advice in here...)

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 26 06:05:53 EST 2001

Will flattery get you anywhere?

Aloe is a genus of nearly 500 species, not including numerous varieties,
cultivars and hybrids. The plant form ranges from deciduous leafed bulbous
miniatures to trees reaching 15 feet tall.

Could you be a little more specific as to which species you are growing?

There are only a few Aloe species that produce plantlets on the flower
stems. Most likely, your plants have produced fruit. Wait until they dry out
and you can plant the seeds.

Unlike Gasteria and Haworthia, Aloe species cannot be propagated from
detached leaves.

"Ammodawg01" <ammodawg01 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:20010125075117.18482.00001010 at ng-mk1.aol.com...
> Maybe someone can help me out. I am anything but a gardener. I have seven
Aloe