Tough plant needed

victoria animaux at animaux.net0
Sun Jul 1 21:35:32 EST 2001

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to say that not all lavender thrive in
all conditions.  The place lavender does best is a dry, hot spot, with very
little water...regardless how much they wilt.  The more I watered, the more they
wilted, till mush.

Steve is right. Succulents are some of the most fascinating plants.  Anyone who
has seen an entire field of prickly pear cactus blooming, will never again say
succulents are not magnificent to look at.  However, I don't know their ability
to hold a hill together.  If this hill is not in full sun, lavender will not
really thrive, and bloom time is not all that long.

I like the ornamental grasses which are native to whatever region they are being
planted.  They do a great job of holding soil together on hillsides, require
little to no water, or fertilizer and they flower.

That's my take.

Victoria

http://www.freetibet.org