????Can You Identify this Vine?????

Harold Arnold hhullar5 at texas.net
Wed Jul 11 17:54:07 EST 2001

  In the best tradition of the Usenet the subject query was answered within
2 hours of its posting by cereoid as Ibervillea lindheimeri  (see post
above.).  Thank you for the prompt reply.  I have checked other Web
resources and I am now virtually certain this identity is correct.

In his post cereoid refers to the plant's large tuberous root.   From time
to time I have run across a string of potato like tubers growing in series
on a single ¼ to 3/8-inch root.  A few may have been 5 feet long with 4 or 5
such tubers.  I have never connected these root strings to this plant before
but quite likely this is what cereoid was referring to.  This morning I
found at a location different from the original pictured site a string of
two tubers.  There were small Ibervillea lindheimeri present in the
vicinity.  See a picture of the 2-tuber root string by clicking below:
http://lonestar.texas.net/~hhullar5/Root.htm

--
Harold Arnold
http://lonestar.texas.net/~hhullar5  (Home Page)
"Harold Arnold" <hhullar5 at texas.net> wrote in message
news:q7627.18445$zH.1505796 at news5.aus1.giganews.com...
> I need help to identify a vine  growing on my property in Guadalupe
County,