mendelian genetics

chris florian.knorr at web.de
Sun Jul 29 14:07:03 EST 2001

Hi!

I´ve recently found an experiment whose results I cannot explain:

A homozygous plant without pigment glands is crossed with a homozygous plant
which has pigment glands. All plants of the first offspring generation (f1)
have glands. Then the hybrids of the f1 generation are crossed. The result:
248 plants with glands and 160 plants without glands.
(Hint: It is NOT a dominant-recessiv crossing.)

Well, I have absolutely no idea what kind of crossing this is. Do you know?
I would be really happy if you could tell me.

CU