Other radiation sources

Night23 night23 at nightynight.com
Fri Jun 1 16:14:39 EST 2001

duncan vincent wrote:
> Any solvent is a mutagenic,  but at
> levels high enough to produce more than a 1 in a 100000 chance of getting a
> mutation would most likely just kill all the seeds.  I would use caffiene
> pills instead of coffee and I would make it 50 -100 times stronger than
> coffee.

To me this sounds like the best idea as well.  Soak a bunch of seeds in
a solution of caffein for a few days and plant them.

My other idea was to run an electric current from a battery either
through the seed or through the seedling as it grows.  Whether an
electric jolt is able to cause error in DNA replication during cell
division... I know not.  However, it sounds far safer to work with than
that horror colchicine.