Microwaving seeds to induce genetic mutation

Night23 night23 at nightynight.com
Fri Jun 1 16:06:44 EST 2001

Yes I read about Colchicine as well prior to it being mentioned in this
thread.

But the darn thing sounds so toxic it scared me just reading about it.
Accidentally getting just a little under the fingernails or breathing
the stuff in could cause death.

I was looking for safer ways of mutating DNA in seeds.

So far the only safe way I have heard of is using caffein although I
don't know how effective it is.

Another question I wanted to ask - how about running an electric current
through the seed or the seedling as its growing.  Would that cause
mutation during cell division?