Decorative Gardens with an Evolutionary Theme

Night23 night23 at nightynight.com
Sun Jun 3 04:35:24 EST 2001

You could show plants from the various divisions.  A division in plants
is like a phylum in animals.

Bryophyta   nonvascular plants  e.g. mosses

Hepaticophyta  nonvascular plants  e.g. liverworts

Anthocerophyta  nonvascular plants e.g. hornworts

Psilophyta  seedless vascular plants  e.g. whisk ferns

Lycophyta  seedless vascular plants e.g. club mosses

Sphenophyta  seedless vascular plants e.g. Horsetails

Pterophyta  seedless vascular plants e.g. Ferns

Cycadophyta  non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Cycads
(a.k.a., sago palms)

Ginkgophyta non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Ginkgo

Gnetophyta non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Mormon tea

Coniferophyta non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Conifers

Anthophyta  flowering, seed-bearing vascular plants e.g. Angiosperms

Now run along lad!