Decorative Gardens with an Evolutionary Theme

Night23 night23 at
Sun Jun 3 04:35:24 EST 2001

You could show plants from the various divisions.  A division in plants
is like a phylum in animals.

Bryophyta   nonvascular plants  e.g. mosses
Hepaticophyta  nonvascular plants  e.g. liverworts
Anthocerophyta  nonvascular plants e.g. hornworts
Psilophyta  seedless vascular plants  e.g. whisk ferns
Lycophyta  seedless vascular plants e.g. club mosses
Sphenophyta  seedless vascular plants e.g. Horsetails
Pterophyta  seedless vascular plants e.g. Ferns
Cycadophyta  non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Cycads
(a.k.a., sago palms)
Ginkgophyta non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Ginkgo
Gnetophyta non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Mormon tea

Coniferophyta non-flowering, seed-bearing, vascular plants e.g. Conifers
Anthophyta  flowering, seed-bearing vascular plants e.g. Angiosperms
Now run along lad!