Red stem

Night23 night23 at nightynight.com
Tue Jun 5 13:13:39 EST 2001

Hi,
   they were all alaska nusturtium seeds which will yield different
flower colors (i presume).  I shall keep an eye on what flower color
arises from the red stem plant relative to the other plants in the
jar...  If there looks to be no difference... then i shall propagate the
red stem plant's seeds... and watch to see if red stemmed seedlings show
up.

Selective breeding a few generations down the line for redder colors...
and soon I may have the world's first bright red stemmed nusturtium
plant with leaf venation to match.

A million dollar plant for gardeners the world over.