Ferns - indoor

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 14 12:27:26 EST 2001

Jeremy is correct.  Ferns don't have the same anatomy that some
gymnosperms and flowering plants do that allows reproduction from
cuttings. Just plonking a frond in soil won't do. If you can't make
divisions and you don't have rhizomes or stolons that will put out new
plants, you can always go the spore route.  Many ferns are quite easy
to grow from spores, requiring mostly patience.

M. Reed