what is the link between ABA and GA?

angelcake bounce at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Sun Mar 4 16:49:08 EST 2001

I have been wondering about this one of my practical classes about
plant hormones a few weeks ago - what is the link between ABA and GA?

I have tried looking it up, all I have been able to find was something
in my standard course text (Taiz & Zeiger) about ABA inhibiting
GA-dependent enzyme synthesis in the aleurone layer of cereal grains.

It gives this as an example, but also states that, "ABA inhibits
GA-induced enzymes."  So, is this true generally? Does ABA simply
inhibit GA-induced enzymes - in effect downplaying the effect of GA on
the plant, or is it something more complex than this?

The other functions of ABA don't suggest anything of this sort...

Suggestions welcome, cheers.

Angelcake xx

--
"Philosophers have previously only interpreted the world.
The point, however, is to change it."

e-mail: angelcake at NoSpam_zworg.com
Remove 'NoSpam_' to e-mail.