houseplants

Silvan vwaffle at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 13:23:24 EST 2001

I have looked in vain for a newsgroup devoted to houseplants. For some reason,
good houseplant websites also seem scarce, except for those devoted to
specialized interests like orchids and bonsai.

rec.gardens includes houseplant threads.

Perhaps your best bet would be to try to find a Web-based discussion forum.
Try these websites for leads or ideas:

http://windowbox.com/  (container gardening, the best houseplant website I
know)
http://www.icangarden.com/  (gardening in Canada, with lots of info on
houseplants)

There are quite a few links to other resources in my article:
**Houseplant wisely**
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/5536/57303

Good luck
Silvan

--
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw

Silvan's Quote of the day for March 5, 2001:
"For us of the minority, the opportunity to see geese is
more important than television, and the chance to find a
pasque-flower is a right as inalienable as free speech."
~Aldo Leopold, **A Sand County Almanac**
(Oxford, 1949)

Homepage: Silvan's Glade
http://www.geocities.com/vwaffle/

Van Waffle
Contributing Editor, Living With Nature
Suite101.com, Inc.
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/living_with_nature

Index of themestream articles:
http://www.themestream.com/articles/84681.html

Join Suite101:
http://www.suite101.com/join.cfm/68718

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw