newsgroup for cacti?

Paul Kelly P.G.Kelly at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 6 08:08:19 EST 2001

"Tumbleweed" <fromnews at spamtumbleweed.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:9s890a$3iu$1 at news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> "Martin Brown" <martin.brown at pandora.be> wrote in message
> news:3BE793F6.BE49BFA9 at pandora.be...
> >

> I belong to a mailing list that offers an individual message option, or a
> weekly summary.
> I moved to the weekly summary because the individual option gave me too
many
> messages, sometimes dozens a day, all interspersed on different
> conversations. Trouble is, the weekly summary gives one huge message, non
> threaded, with many and various discussions intertwined and impossible to
> follow.I shall probably opt out.

It is very easy to set up a filter in your mail system to direct all mails
from a particular source/list to a dedicated file. Set your system to thread
your mails, open once a week and hey presto: a sorted, threaded, weekly
summary! You can even kill file topics or posters you have no interest in or
dislike! I have been on various diverse mailing lists it works like a dream!

pk