newsgroup for cacti?

Cereoid* cereoid at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 6 08:35:12 EST 2001

If the proposed newsgroup attracts persons who's only purpose is to
pontificate and are not genuine Cactophiles nor have any interest in
succulent plants, I am against it.

The reason I prefer cross posting the topic is because Bruno (Psycho Cactus)
cross posted his original proposal and I find it to be in bad taste that he
insists on continuing the discussion in relative secrecy in a forum that
does not include those who actually grow the plants. If this proposed
newsgroup is supposed to be for plant enthusiasts, they particularly should
be allowed to be an active part of the discussion or at least be made aware
of it. If not, then its nothing more than an ego trip for Bruno (Psycho
Cactus) and not in the best interest of plant enthusiasts after all. Bruno
(Psycho Cactus) admitted in his original proposal that there are already too
many forums and groups on the topic. Another one is not needed and would
serve no useful purpose. It will not attract those who are active members of
Cacti_etc.

As I have said many times there is already a well established forum for the
discussion of Cactus & succulents named Cacti_etc. There is no point in
creating a newsgroup that is not needed. If the reason Bruno (Psycho Cactus)
wanted to create a newsgroup was because he was unaware it existed, he no
longer has that excuse. Bruno (Psycho Cactus) is not an active participant
in the other existing succulent plant forums and groups either. The same
especially applies to Brian, who has absolutely no genuine interest in the
topic.

Cacti_etc is an easily accessible mailing list and includes caudiciforms
(fat plants) in the discussion. If you are a genuine Cactophile, you should
be a subscriber. Its the best way to be up-to-date in what's going on in the
world of succulent plants and its absolutely free.

http://www2.labs.agilent.com/bot/cactus_home

Brian Watson <brian at spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1005034519.11456.3.nnrp-02.9e98ea3a at news.demon.co.uk...

> "Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
> news:UFEF7.894$y34.144714963 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
> > Can you read Bruno (Psycho Cactus)?
> >
> > You have yet to justify the need for an unnecessary newsgroup.
> >
> > If you reply is an example of what to expect, I am against it.
>
> If you're attitude is what one can expect in the existing mailing lists,
I'm