newsgroup for cacti?

bard at bard at
Tue Nov 6 13:43:02 EST 2001

Cereoid* wrote:

<posted and mailed>  Mail in part because NSP is having problems and
post might not appear at all or soon.

> Psycho Cactus <brunoplamondon at> wrote in message
> news:3BE82473.73B6F988 at
> > Cereoid* wrote:
> > >

> > Where did you get that ? Where have you been. I've been contributing for
> over a
> > year in rec.gardens.cacti helping people.
> >
> I have never seen the names Bruno, Psycho Cactus or your e-mail address
> brunoplamondon at in any of the cactus and succulent plant forums or
> groups. You are but a neophyte.

Usenet is not email list or yahoo groups.

> Didn't you say that there is no rec.gardens.cacti or any other succulent
> plant related newsgroup? Isn't that the point of this whole debate?

well you see there is a rec.gardens.cacto group that the proponent reads
and has access to.  The problem is that it is a bogus group so that only
some NSPs carry it.
> Like I said, you should have asked BEFORE you made your proposal.

There is no reason to ask non Usenet groups for Usenet traffic.  The
more contacts discovered, the greater chance of a voter turn out.   The
"should have asked"  bothers me some.  A proponent does not need to ask
permission to post an RFD or for that matter ask permission of posting
what lists allowed to be listed.   Sometimes during discussions of an
RFD more resouces can be discovered and contacted.

news:alt.pagan          FAQ at
news:alt.religion.wicca FAQ at
news:news.groups (draft)FAQ at