newsgroup for cacti?

bard at bard at
Tue Nov 6 14:13:22 EST 2001

Cereoid* wrote:
> If you were a member of any of the Cactus & succulent forums or groups, you
> would already know who I am. I have been a frequent contributor to many of
> them for a number of years. I have even posted many article on succulents
> plants also. Do your home work.

Well I decided to do a little home work using google for web sites.

"There were about 545,000 Google results for Cactus.
                               Use the search box below to search within
these results."

I searched within those large numbers with
" Cereoid*" <cereoid at> "

and recieved:

"Results 1 - 7 of about 54"

Google appears to know Catus far more then it does know you.

For the sake of fairness I seached within on,

" Psycho Cactus <brunoplamondon at> "

and I recieved:

"Your search - Cactus Psycho Cactus <brunoplamondon at> - did not
match any documents. "

I could do a group seach as  well, that I normally do on email address

cereoid at     "Results 1 - 10 of about 2,930"
brunoplamondon at "Results 1 - 10 of about 64."

Hmm interesting numbers,  groupies do not take sides in flame wars, the
concern we have are good groups o.e. groups that are well named,  will
be of interest to the world wide Usenet users, that will not harm other

news:alt.pagan          FAQ at
news:alt.religion.wicca FAQ at
news:news.groups (draft)FAQ at