newsgroup for cacti?

Cereoid* cereoid at
Tue Nov 6 21:19:19 EST 2001

If all you're really doing is making an already existing newsgroup more
widely available, then go for it. In no way would it be competition or a
threat to Cacti_etc either in content or membership. Cacti_etc already
serves as the official source for information on cactus & succulents for the
various societies and that would not change. Those who use the newsgroup
exclusively will be the ones losing out.

If you are trying to create yet another newsgroup, I still feel it is
completely unnecessary. The Internet is already over flowing with forums and
groups on the topic.

news:st3NvPEKkH67Ewyh at