newsgroup for cacti?

Cereoid* cereoid at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 7 10:21:26 EST 2001

Thank you Martin for understanding the actual problem.

It is rather tiresome reading from those who's only interest is
proliferating usenet and really have absolutely no interest in succulent
plants nor what is currently available on the Internet for the cactophile.
Their myopic bias is more than obvious. Most cactophiles are already happy
with the forum they are using and the idea of a newsgroup does not appeal to
them. Diversity of media is not the issue at all.

The fact that Bruno (Psycho Cactus) was not even aware of Cacti_etc nor went
over their archives to see what had been discussed on the topic shows his
proposal was not well thought out nor properly researched. If there was an
interest in a Cactus newsgroup by the Cactus Society, the existing
rec.gardens.cacti would already have been made more widely available years
ago, would it not? That there has been very little response from subscribers
to existing gardening newsgroups also show there is little interest in
arbitrarily creating yet another newsgroup. Those are the facts.

news:3BE8E809.8266262D at pandora.be...