newsgroup for cacti?

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntp at algonet.se
Wed Nov 7 14:13:39 EST 2001

[followup set]

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 08:48:46 -0000, Brian Watson <brian at spheroid.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> "Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
> news:HS0G7.640$S61.105125961 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...
>> Cacti_etc already
>> serves as the official source for information
>
> Official? In what way "official"?

I'd say it's "unofficially official" ;-)

I agree with Cereoid about one thing: rec.gardens.cacti won't steal the
audience from cacti_etc or the smaller, Yahoo-based mailing lists. If
anything, it will be a place where you recruit new members to the list.

That's how *I* found out about cacti_etc back in '95 -- by asking around on
Usenet.

So let's just create the group properly and see what happens, shall we?

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@      ''Battle ye not with monsters,
\X/                algonet.se>    lest ye become a monster''