newsgroup for cacti?

Martin Brown martin.brown at pandora.be
Thu Nov 8 03:42:36 EST 2001

Tumbleweed wrote:

> "Cereoid*" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
> news:h%VF7.12871$z82.1642098725 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> > If you were indeed a genuine Cactophile, you would have already been aware
> > of Cacti_etc. A google search would turn it up and it is prominently listed
> > in the Cactus Mall.
>
> Utter bull. A genuine cactophile *has* to be a computer whizz and know his
> way intimately around Yahoo, Usenet, email etc? To be an expert on _cacti_?
> I dont think so.

Actually it would be difficult for anyone who is a member of the UK based BCSS
(British Cacti and Succulents Society) not to know about the Cactus Mall. There
has been an internet column in the journal for a couple of years now and almost
all dealers have web pages.  I expect there are a few members who never read
their journal or use computers but they must be in a minority.

Cactus Mall lists myriad international societies and web links to cactophiles.
See for example:

    http://www.cactus-mall.com/

I don't see any harm in creating rec.gardens.cacti, but the RFD was poorly
researched.

Regards,
Martin Brown