(sin asunto)

Vanesa Bautista Saiz Vanesa.Bautista at ua.es
Fri Nov 30 13:03:27 EST 2001

    Dear colleagues.
    I am a PHD student and I would like to ask you about Agrobacterium
rhizogenes-mediated transformation of tomato. I want to transform tomato
plants directly making wounded in the roots and submerging them in an
Agrobacterium rhizogenes suspension, because I can´t get seeds. Do you
know some protocol or some address that may help me?
    On the other hand, I would like to know if it exists some advantage
or disadvantage in the use of A.tumefaciens vs A.rhizogenes in the
transformation of tomato. And if using  A.rhizogenes it makes sure that
the DNA is only integrated in the root and no in any other part of the
plant.
    Waiting to know about you soon. Thank you in advance.
    Vanesa