Gibberelic Acid

Dwayne Conyers dwacon at my-deja.com
Sun Oct 21 21:05:37 EST 2001

I had one experience when I had a house with a yard... I broke up the soil
and dug holes for rose bushes.  I lined each hole with potting soil that had
fertilizer pre-mixed.  I mixed in gibberelic acid and watered regularly.  I
got an early season and some rather hearty roses that resisted the bugs and
etc.  The only thing they couldn't resist were the neighborhood kids who
relished climbing my fence and stomping all my plants.

Now, I want to plan for next spring... but not sure if I can grow roses on
the deck of my condo.  Maybe there are other plants that fare well with
gibberelic acid?  I don't have much hard data, was simply experimenting, but
I understand that gibberelic acid can kill certain plants.

Any experience out there?  Thanks.

Dwacon
www.dwacon.com