Growing roots from Redwood Burl?

Kate honeydewgrrl at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 24 10:37:10 EST 2001

I've been reading the archived posts about this topic, and I was
wondering if anyone has had any luck, (or heard of anyone else's luck)
with adding root growth hormone to the "shallow dish of water" that is
prescribed for burl sprouting?

My friend's burl is small, 4" x 6", and we are trying to figure out
the best way to attempt to get a tree out of it, without having to cut
it up.

I admit I'm woefully ignorant of the mechanism of how root growth
hormone works, and this could be a very bad idea.