Help me ID this flower please

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Sep 2 08:45:04 EST 2001

In article <tp086i7tmopj4a at news.demon.nl>,
Johan Timmermans <postbus at timmerjw.demon.nl> wrote:
>I was tired and did not see it was old.

News doesn't propagate uniformly, and sites don't receive articles in
the same order.

>In my language (dutch) "what kind of question is that?" (after
>translation) sounds very unkind and humiliating, and there
>was no need for because (in mine opinion) it were normal questions.

It's unkind and humiliating in English, too.

>This irritated me a little bit, and I called it a stupid flame.
>It would be better if J had formulated that less harsh.
>J did not want to start a flame, and still do not want to.

You really don't need to apologize.

>Finally, after reading more articles in this group, J have
>to conclude that normally you are very helpfull and kind.

Cereoid is occasionally helpful to people who ask questions in a style
he regards as appropriate.  Others are an opportunity for him to behave
in his typically arrogant and obnoxious manner.  In many years I have
never seen him be kind.  He especially likes to ridicule people who are
not native English speakers, an especially childish behaviour.

It's useless to call him on it.  It just encourages him.  Please don't let
him discourage you from participating in this newsgroup.