Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

len brauer gardenlen at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:02:10 EST 2001

g'day heather,

sounds like water and could also be a light problem. without knowing
waht species you have most palms require good to very good light. in
the growing season your watering regime sounds a little restricted,
just to give you an idea over here in aus' in the sub-tropics an
indoor might need 3 waters a week.

also i wouldn't be feeding the plant at each watering, best method is
at the beginning of the growing season put some 9 month slow release
fertiliser in the pot this will do the plam for the season. also
inside atmospheres can be very dry again most plams like some humidity
and some a lot of humidity. so mistings 2 or 3 times a day will help,
and about every 4th misting add some liquid fertiliser at about 25%
the recommended rate.

other ways of increasing humidy are to install a fish tank near by,
just stand a bucket of water near by or buy a tray large enough to fit
under the palm pot get it about 2 or 3"s deep put a goodlayer of
coloured aquarium stones in it say about 2/3 the depth of the tray.
stand the palm pot on this and keep the stones just covered with
water.

for now i'd suggest a warm well lit protected outside position and let
it rejuvenate, not sure with your climate at this time of year you amy
need a climate controlled glass house or similar to do this.

On 6 Sep 2001 08:48:44 -0700, heatherineverett at aol.com (Heather)
wrote:

>Hello All-
>
>I am hoping you can help me with my house plant.  I am not sure
>snipped
>that cause this?  PLEASE HELP!
>
>Thanks Much-
>Heather