Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

livesoil soil at dirtboat.com
Thu Sep 6 20:45:49 EST 2001

On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:02:37 GMT, "Toni"
<Toni at irish-wolfhoundsSPAM.com> wrote:

>Take it easy....
>While it would be nice to have an ID, it is not likely in this case. I'd bet
>it is a Chamaedorea or an Areca, and the likelihood of humidity being needed
>in an indoor potted palm is about 99.9%.

Gosh my Chamaedorea and Areca do very well in 12-20% humidity.

>Of the 42 species palms I currently have on my property, all are thriving in
>high humidity.
>I'm betting hers will too.

Many palms CAN do well in high humidity....FL has a problem with a
number of species NOT adapted to humidity......Many Chamaedorea
species are in very dry conditions for a portion of their
lives....gosh, but I'll take it easy and smile and enjoy them without
humidity..:>)

"The task of spiritual science is to observe the macrocosm,
the broadest dimensions of the workings of nature,
and to understand these workings."

—Rudolf Steiner