Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

livesoil soil at dirtboat.com
Fri Sep 7 09:53:35 EST 2001

Dr Henry Donselman, well regarded among palm growers and experts has
prepared a wonderful site...
http://www.homestead.com/PALM_Doctor/palm14.html

On 6 Sep 2001 08:48:44 -0700, heatherineverett at aol.com (Heather)
wrote:

>Hello All-
>
>I am hoping you can help me with my house plant.  I am not sure
>exactly the species but it is certainly a palm, about 4 1/2 feet tall
>right now.  Anyway, I got it about a month ago and since then almost
>all the tips of the leaves have browned and now the brown is consuming
>the leaves (dying it seems).  It has fairly low light but not dark..
>in the living room probably 15 feet away from the nearest window but
>never any direct sunlight. I water it about every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks,
>with miracle grow added.  But I make sure to let the soil dry out a
>little first.  I'm quite concerned as I really love this plant and
>want it to live but I am having some trouble!  It has shot up some new
>leaves on the top that are nice and green, but I am worried those too
>will brown soon!  And I should mention also that as soon as I got it I
>replanted it in a nice big container with miracle grow soil so I doubt
>that is a problem also!  The only thing I can think of is occasionally
>when we walk by it we mistakingly brush up against the leaves.. could
>that cause this?  PLEASE HELP!
>
>Thanks Much-
>Heather
>New Hampshire, USA
>
>Please email: HeatherinNH at aol.com

"The task of spiritual science is to observe the macrocosm,
the broadest dimensions of the workings of nature,
and to understand these workings."

—Rudolf Steiner