Palm House Plant Leaves Browning.. HELP!

Zhanataya billnzhan at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 15:43:51 EST 2001

On Fri, 07 Sep 2001 13:28:50 -0700, livesoil <soil at dirtboat.com>
wrote:

>>The container it came in, like so many plants, was extremely small and
>>remarkably low in soil.  It just seemed to be a plastic container of
>>roots and then some dirt just for the hell of it.  I think i may have
>>planted it slightly deeper in the new pot, but just because there
>>wasn't much dirt to start with!  I wish I had more information, but it
>>just came with a tag that said 'misc. houseplant'.
>
>Never plant a palm deeper than it came. I actually check to see if the
>last planting may have been to  deep....

Now a blanket statement like that can get a new gardener into trouble.
Heather sounds bright enough to be to be able to tell if the crown of
the plant is covered.  Who knows maybe it got knocked over and much of
the soil spilled out.  I can see adding soil if it is as heather
states.  what I think would be of greater concern is:  How much bigger
is the new pot.  If it is too big conditions are ripe for root rot if
it is continually over watered.