Bugs?

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Wed Sep 26 15:52:39 EST 2001

Dying indoors but not out can indicate overwatering (less evaporation)
or too low light.  Ficus, especially, are notorious for dropping
leaves when moved between light regimes.  Usually, they will regrow a
new set more adapted to the new conditions.  Your black gnats are
fungus gnats.  They eat fungus in the soil and are often an indication
of overwatering.  Read up on the requirements for the species you
have, and don't drown 'em.  Good luck,

M. Reed