looking for a way....

JOHN REED john.reed48 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 21 16:27:39 EST 2002

i'm looking for a way to have spring beauties in our yard.  my wife and i
absolutely love them, and a neighbor across the street has a yard full and
has let us dig up a square and replace with a square of sod from ours.  it
seemed to do ok but never spread.  i later learned the ryzomes are pretty
deep and we didn't go deep enough.  i then wondered if seed was a
possibility.  a wildflower expert said if one is capable of getting them,
they need to be used right away. if the seeds dry up, they're worthless.
so....does anyone have any ideas?  we're also looking for seed for giant
cockscomb.