Century Plant - new growth

skip heevay at att.net
Mon Aug 5 01:01:23 EST 2002

Thanks for the advice re the "babies".  BTW how can I tell if they are well
rooted?  Do i cut down the stump?

But  I'm curious, was I right to cut down the 60 ft stalk after it grew many
short branches near the top?  Would it have toppled in a strong wind - which
we have each winter.  It did seem top-heavy.

Skip

news:EFR19.15197$EC6.67433658 at newssvr16.news.prodigy.com...