any species reproduce only asexually?

John Margetts john at jmargetts.fslife.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 19:07:31 EST 2002

Depending on your definition of 'plant', many lichens (strictly the fungul
partner) have completely lost the ability to saxually reproduce.  Examples
are the Fungi Imperfecti such as Lepraria species, and many lichens that
only have soredia or isidia to reproduce.

John Margetts

news:3D527D91.484516F1 at mail.bio.tamu.edu...

news:<mb%39.416$H07.40213708 at newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>...