Non-toxic air cleaning houseplants?

Laura A. Robinson firstinitiallastname at technologist.com
Sat Aug 24 21:55:05 EST 2002

circa Sun, 25 Aug 2002 01:53:54 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
David Wright (wright at clam.prodigy.net) said,

> Interesting, because Consumer Reports tested the Ionic Breeze as part
> of their last ratings of air cleaners (Feb 2002) and found it to be
> basically useless.  They said it removed almost no particles from the
> air.

Sorry, had another thought after I posted the other response. If
Consumer Reports thinks the Ionic Breeze doesn't remove particles
from the air, they're welcome to come take a look at the wands in
mine when I clean them. You'd be amazed.

With that said, the traditional (noisier) HEPA filters tend to be
better for getting large gunk out of the air, like kitty hair and
such. However, the Quadras get smells out of the air far better than
anything else I've ever tried. Since Jacqueline's post mentioned a
lot of stinkiness, I figured the Quadras might be a good idea.

Consumer Reports and I will just have to differ in our opinions on
this one. ;-)

Laura
--
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx