Carnivorous plants questions.

Patrick D. Rockwell hnhc85a at prodigy.net
Fri Aug 30 12:39:19 EST 2002

"Cereoid+10" <cereoid at prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:papb9.1306$Eu3.72049829 at newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> If that is what your "Parrot Plant" is, there is no such thing. The
Asiatic
> species of Nepenthes do not have active traps. You shouldn't watch bad
> science fiction movies, they have really badly made "man-eating plants"
and
> really bad science advice written by hack writers. Someone your age should
> know better. The reality of carnivorous plants is far more interesting.

I didn't say that I believe in man eating plants, or in what I see in
science fiction/fantasy/horror, nor did I say anything about taking advice
from hack writers. My reference to man eating plants in the
sci-fi/fantasy/horror genre was only a comparison to the photo that I saw in
the science book.I know that I read about this.
I was wrong about the country when I said Madagascar, and for all I know, I
could be wrong about the name "Parrot Plant" but I'm sure that is what I
read.

> BTW, Ceylon is now Sri Lanka.

Thanks for the correction. :-)