Carnivorous plants questions.

Cereoid+10 cereoid at prodigy.net
Fri Aug 30 17:00:45 EST 2002

An for the last time, I said comparing it to some silly plant in a bad
science fiction does not help in identifying it. No science book would say a
plant from Ceylon (= Sri Lanka) actively catches animals because no such
plant is found on the island.

The only carnivorous plant native to Sri Lanka that remotely resembles your
"Parrot Plant" is Nepenthes distillatoria. Is that your plant?

http://www.borneoexotics.com/Species%20Data/dist.htm

http://www.easycarnivores.co.uk/shop/en-gb/dept_4.html

http://biologicalservers.8m.com/cgi-bin/i/botanic/hidro_botanic/Nepenthes_di
stillatoria.jpg

If you had done a google search, you would have found it yourself.

news:KCPb9.6$fK1.587942 at newssvr15.news.prodigy.com...