Plant ribosomal extraction

oustudygirl at hotmail.com oustudygirl at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 13 09:54:07 EST 2002

I'm having problems with isolating whole ribosomes from tobacco plants. The protocols that I have found and that I am using describe ribosome extraction but for the purpose of dissociating the ribosome. The end results are ribosomal subunits not whole ribosomes. Rubisco is also a major problem, therefore I must remove as many chloroplasts as possible to illiminate the protein as it is the same size at the ribosomal protein I am working with. Any suggestions on how to isolate whole ribosomes, while also removing chloroplasts?

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_plants&begin=0