"GRONK"

Peterthinks Peterthinks at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:21:47 EST 2002

I have a plant that is called "GRONK"
closest I have come to as a name...what is it?
seems to be a nickname based on what it really is
huge thing, green
4 feet tall segmented stem around 2 inches across one leaf per segment
leaves only occur on the top 5 segments
leaves are huge
deep green overall
leaves are a foot long and 8+ inches wide
leaves unfurl from a spike in the centre and add to the overall length
deep green with a pattern that follows the veins of the leaves
leaves have smooth edges and come to a point
sometimes the leaves weep drops of water from the edges(am I overwatering?)
little sub roots come down like a mangrove tree...not really
pronounced...just a half inch up and out from where main stem touches soil
bought it at a garage sale...it seems to like me
what is it?

Peter