Cactus care???

Roland D. Lambe rdlambe at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Feb 8 01:51:15 EST 2002

It all depends on which cacti you got, but in general cacti are very hardy and
easy to take care of.  The most important thing is to not over water them.
Water them only once the top of the soil is dry to the touch.  Another important
thing to realize is that Cacti have vast root systems and most cacti need to be
replant shortly after perchaseing.  If you know you are not over watering and
the Catus seems to be getting worse then try replanting it in a larger pot (much
larger, catus roots grow much faster than you would think!) and be sure to use a
cactus soil, the potting soil will specificaly  say for cacti.  Lastly, give
them sun if you can, it is not neccesary though to have full sun.  If it is not
a cactus with neadles, don't leave it in a place that has full sun for more than
3-5 hours a day!