Cactus care???

Cereoid* cereoid at prodigy.net
Sat Feb 9 01:34:09 EST 2002

Off to a great start with "which cacti you got"!!
Should be "which cactus you have".

What in the freak are "neadles"? Many cactus species are covered with
spines!

What do you mean by hardy? If you actually mean drought tolerant, then you
should say so. Cold hardiness is a completely different matter altogether.

The most important thing is giving the plants enough bright light. If
growing them indoors, a south or west facing window is best. 3-5 hours of
light is not enough. Light indoors is only a small fraction of the intensity
of direct sunlight outdoors.

Watering and soil drainage comes second.

Most succulents do not have vast root systems.

Most commercial "Cactus soil" is worthless. If it is dark in color, do not
use it. Most cactus & succulents grow best in an extremely gravelly light
colored soil.

Would suggest you search the cactus mall for websites with info on growing
succulent plants. There are hundreds of them out there.

http://www.cactus-mall.com/

Maybe next time you should consider doing a spell check before posting,
Ronald? It would also help if you got your facts straight too.

news:3C637561.9CD86C44 at unity.ncsu.edu...