Ginkgo biloba stem cutting propagation help req'd ...

Gene Newcomb newcombg at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Mon Feb 18 15:20:59 EST 2002

Steve,

For some reason I believe that Ginkgoes are generally propagated by
grafting, however I looked in Michael A. Dirr's Manual of Woody
Landscape Plants and found the following:

"I have had good success rooting June cuttings from mature trees with
8000 ppm IBA quick dip, Mist; cuttings root in 7 to 8 weeks; it appears
8000 to 10,000 ppm IBA is about ideal for stimulating good rooting; the
cultivators are budded on seedling understock."

Gene Newcomb
Botany & Plant Pathology
Oregon State University