[England south] Wood lice.

Richard Brooks richardbrooks at kdbanglia.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jul 21 04:19:01 EST 2002

"Treeman" <bengaia at ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
news:3D389020.43ABB543 at ihug.co.nz...
> Remove all old rotting wood and things they can hide under. Old
> fashioned organic method is to make a nicotine spray from old ciggy ends
> in water, but I just squash them.
> Could be the birds eating your strawbs.

Although there's a pretty tight fine mesh netting box around the strawberry
towers I did see a jay bouncing off one side once.

That was funny!  Nearly as funny as the time we had to do a scene for The
Sexual Imperative tv wildlife series using the same mesh box method around
blackberries and using a naturalised blackbird.  We checked the whole box
and floor section and could not see any gaps.  The blackbird found one
though and the days work just disappeared in a couple of seconds.

Richard.

---
Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.