Plants in Condo

John johnstmail at nospammingyahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 21:03:48 EST 2002

"Shiva" <hypatia-no-spam at cotse.net> wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.858262879a61c53fa36e4ef966627c2c at 1023746454.cotse.net...
> John wrote:
>
> > Hello... I have a question about plants.  I live in FL in a condo by the
> > beach and it is pretty smelly around here.
>
> I keep looking at this thread and wanting to say something, but I was not
> sure what until this moment:
>
> WHY is it stinky there? Dead fish? Polluted water? No ocean breezes to
> wash the decay smell away? I am confused. Still, close air is not my
> impression of beach life. Can you enlighten me?

Alright... I live in Cape Canaveral... Next to Port Canaveral.  So you got
the smell of the gasses and oil stations.  Plus all the other crap there.
There is tar all over the beach which makes the sand a dark color.  (near
cocoa beach).  There is always the smell of salty fishy ocean air.  The air
quality is not too good here in FL compared to other states in the US.  (you
can find the data on the internet).   You got the smell of the reclaimed
water sprinklers in my development that smells like sulpher.  (they do this
to save water which is now very precious in FL).  I don't live in a bad
neighborhood.  I live in a very expensive gated community.  That's just the
way it smells and feels in FL.  Someday when its cooler and clear it may be
a little bit better.  It was one of the many sacrifices that I made when I
chose to move here from MD.  I would much rather live in MD though if I was
not going to school.  Like I always say... its a nice place to visit but not
to live.  For living it is best for older people who cant take on the
additional responsability.  Here in FL its cheap, easy weather for older
folks and especially in this gated community where everything is done for
you.  ex. lawnmowing, painting and all that other maintenance jazz.
unnng... I could go on... but that would be getting more off poing.  So
yes... it can get a little stinky down here especially if it is 90-100
degrees and you don't want to open up the windows so that the A/C will get
out.

John